Were you aware that some large companies, such as Pepsi Co., spends 80 percent of their profits on promotion? You may wonder why they do this. The fact is, without effective and successful promotion of a product, it would simply disappear. It must constantly appear in different forms of media to ensure it stays active and relevant in the minds of consumers. There is a multimillion dollar marketing industry dedicated to just this. Utilizing the different forms of marketing and promotion offline is the key to success with your product or service.
What is Offline Promotion
Offline promotion is utilizing other resources than internet to spread the word about your product or business. So much hype has been put on the benefits of online advertising recently that many businesses forget about the millions of people they can target by promoting in resources such as magazines, newspapers, billboards, television and radio advertising and business cards.
Here are some helpful tips and ideas to create a successful offline marketing plan for your business:
– When you send out any sort of correspondence, ensure your company information is in various places. No matter if it is a sales paper or letter of thanks to a client, the name and contact information should be clearly displayed.
– Ensure all your employees are well-informed about the product or service you offer. They are live, word of mouth advertising sources that should be able to answer any questions a potential client may have.
– Use as many sources of advertising media you can to spread the word. This can include billboards, TV advertisements, radio commercials, newspapers and magazines. The more your name is available the more likely consumers are to purchase it.
– Host live events. This can be any sort of event to spread the word about what you offer. Provide some benefit for attendee’s and see your profits grow.
– Give out free promotional merchandise with your businesses name and information on it. This can be t-shirts, cups, bags or anything else that you can give potential customers.
– Utilize live social networking. Online social networking is one of the quickest ways to spread the word about something. Use the same concept and talk to everyone you can about your business, what you offer and the benefits of choosing your product or service.
– Join the chamber of commerce or other business group in your area. Here you can cross-promote each others businesses and grow clients you may have never had without this advantage.
Advertising and promoting your business offline offers many options that can achieve superior results. The fact is, it does not matter if you have a strictly online business or an actual bricks and mortar establishment, you should use methods of offline advertising for promotion purposes. There are few people who are not online at least once a day, however an attractive billboard or catchy radio advertisement may help you gain more attention than a traditional Internet ad. Using the marketing strategies above can help you create a plan to successfully advertise and promote your business offline.